On 1/26/2011 10:56 AM, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
Gerhard Postpischil's concern is fatuous.  As long as all users of
a given resource use the same ENQ format it suffices.  The slight
risk that a programmer might reflexively transpose the formats
of SYSIEWLP and SYSDSN is outweighed by the certain catastrophe
that would result from changing the format at this time.

Too bad you didn't read my message. Using the same format is self-evident, and nowhere did I propose a change. You may think it fatuous, but in my career I twice ran into programs that incorrectly used a length of 44.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT