Ibm Main wrote:

>at our installation we ara having some conectivity problems. We have two
sites (S1 and S2), with two z10 EC (z/OS 1.11) each, connected via FICON
cascading. When some system in S1 writes in tape or disc at S2 we get lot of
IOS messages:
>IOS050I CHANNEL DETECTED ERROR ON 8AB9,98,E7,**02,PCHID=0400

Check all your hardware. You may need to involve your telecommunication
vendor to look at their hardware too. Be prepared that they may lie to you
their hardware is working 100%

You may need to pickup the optical cables and examine it centimetre by
centimetre.

>At the beginning everything worked well, but in the last weeks some JOBs are
failing.

And possible loss of data. Errors received will be written on BOTH sites unless
you took staged and duplicate write actions. :-(

>We have checked all fibers involved in the communication, changed FICON
SFPs, and no way to get rid of the message.

Good luck with that one. You may need to REPLACE all hardware one by one
to elimate the culprit.

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht