From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Sam Siegel
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 1:32 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CEETBCK and LE conforming assembler

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 11:10 AM, Wissink, Brad [ITSYS] <bjwi...@iastate.edu
> wrote:

> The order would be that the originating Cobol program would call another
> Cobol program.  The called Cobol program wants to know who called it because
> it can be called from many different programs.  The called Cobol program
> would then call my assembler program which would traverse back though the
> called chain using CEETBCK and report back who called it.

Brad can you provide some additional information regarding what is meant by
'who called it'.

Here are some specific questions.
1) the immediate predecessor (caller)?
2) the entire calling chain?
3) the name of the calling program according signature bytes put in the
object code by the compiler?
4) In the case of caller that was dynamically loaded, the name of the
program located in the CDE control blocks?
5) If running in a multithreaded situation, do you need to get back past the
current TCB?

Cheers,
Sam