> All the filesystems you wrote about are z/OS file systems.  I don't
understand your
> statement  "somehow the information went into an HFS called ..."
>
> What information?  What do you mean "it went into"?   Are you saying
> that somehow ESP elements were installed into all those z/OS file systems?

Yes, when installing the CA-ESP R11.3 product it had a
/cai/esp/r11.3/seacpath  statement in the DDDEF.

I just hint <NEXT> on each panel not really paying attention to the SMP/E
DDDEF statements.  So went right over that panel without recognizing the
impact.

We hardcode all of our paths, so when CA-ESP was installed via SMP/E it
looks like it went right into the HFS root which is mount R/W.  I have since
learned that if CA-MSM can mount anywhere it will.  So it is very important
for me to pay more attention to the SMP/E DDDEF stuff and make sure I have a
mount on the mount point specified by CA products.

So when we built a new SYSRES with new ROOT dataset, I had not known that
was there so the path was lost and the file (still cataloged) inaccessible.

I have since created a new zFS file and copied the information from the old
path to the new zFS and mounted that new path.  This way it will not be lost
in the future.
It is now part of my BPXPRMxx mount statements.

However, I think that CA-ESP META Data and CA-MSM Panels need to do a better
job when SMP/E DDDEF has path statements.  I have put in a DAR request to
have them prompt on the path statements with a new panel - something along
the lines - Make sure to verify there is an HFS/zFS file on this mount
point.  Or provide a mount point panel like you can find in ISHELL.

Lizette