On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Rob Scott <rsc...@rocketsoftware.com> wrote:

> TCBTTIME is *not* updated when task is actually dispatched and executing on
> a CPU, only when it gets interrupted by something like WAIT.
>
> TCBTTIME will not include any "fancy" CPU stats either (Enclave SRB, zIIP
> and zAAP).
>
> Also, I do not believe that TCBTTIME is a GUPI field.
>
> However, for a quick and dirty sniff at how a "normal" program is
> executing, I see little risk for an in-house utility if the limitations are
> known.
> <http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html>

All true and good sensible stuff too. For a quick and dirty (and fairly
light weight) way to coerce the system into updating it there's always this
old trick...

             WAIT ECB=PHONY

             (do stuff)

             DS 0F
PHONY DC  X'40000000'

the system sees PHONY as a "posted" ECB and gets the flock out of there PDQ,
updating all of its relevant dispatch counters and accounting fields on the
way.

:-)

--
This email might be from the