charl...@mcn.org (Charles Mills) writes:
> Last one that I wrote was in about 1990. Anyone remember SNA? <g>
>
> There are several 3270 vendors around. Some of the emulators have a macro
> capability.

internal parasite/story predated ibm/pc and relied on vm370 psuedo
device and "passthru virtual machine" (do remote 3270 emulation over the
internal network). old posts with description and some example stories
... including automated login to FE Retain system and retrieve PUT
buckets:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001k.html#35
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2001k.html#36