On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 14:18:34 +0000, john gilmore wrote:

>Another of these so soon?

Yes, I know, I was very wrong the last time.

>Consult the relevant z/OS MVS Authorized Program Services volume,
>ALESERC-DYNALLOC, where you will discover that users of CSVDYCPA
>must [also] be authorized.

I presume you meant CSVDYLPA. Yes, I am well aware that the caller
must be authorized.

Perhaps the quotation that I gave regarding the IDENTIFY macro was
not relevant. The point that I was trying to make is that the CDE that
is created for a module loaded into CSA is not, as far as I can tell, in
the LPA queue, but in the job pack queue. There is no description that
I can see in the Assembler Services manual of any parameter that
causes the CDE to be created in the LPA queue.  The Authorized
Assembler Services manual does not have an entry for the IDENTIFY
macro.

I may very well be missing something, but it is not clear to me how a
directed load to CSA and an IDENTIFY could create a CDE as Mr.
Mulder describes.

>Do you want to shoot for three? four?  If so, be my guest.

I've made mistakes in the past, and I'm sure that I will do so again.
Maybe I have done so this time.  If so, would you care to explain how
a CDE entry would be created in the LPA queue?

--
Tom Marchant