It *shouldn't* cause any issues.  Hopefully this has already been done but
a best practice is to block ports that aren't in use (the ones connected
to the 2105 to be powered down).  This way, when the cables are removed,
the switch shouldn't report status changes back through the SAN.  "Back in
the day", depending on the switches, firmware, software, etc there were
sometimes RSCN storms generated by relatively innocuous events; for some
of our older servers on the SAN results were, as they say, unpredictable.

Karl S Huf | Senior Vice President | World Wide Technology
840 S Canal, Chicago, IL, 60607 | phone (312)630-6287 | k...@ntrs.com
Please visit northerntrust.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be
privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this
message from your system.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment
concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by
a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by
law. For more information about this notice, see
http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu> wrote on 02/09/2011
03:59:20 PM: