I am working on a new z/os installation on a z10 with hardly
any connectivity. We have a 16 port switch next to the computer
with the 2 HMCs, SE and OSA/ICC plugged into it.

I am allowed to connect my government issued laptop to the
switch, but I am not going to be on-site after a while. The next
wave of people to do vendor installs will not have government
laptops and will not be allowed to bring non-government laptops
onto the floor.

So the question is, can we use the HMCs to transfer data to z/os
via ind$file using either the HMC DVD or USB ports? If so, how
do you figure out what the path is that you specify in the
(x3270) emulator?

Thanks,
Greg Smith