From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Steve Dover
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2011 6:25 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Difference Between R-INACT and REVOKED

Eric,

On my system right now, I have several users who are revoked for inactivity.
They show 'REVOKE DATE=NONE', but one of their attributes is REVOKED.  I
don't have any users with R-INACT.   HTH

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:26:51 -0600, Eric Bielefeld <eric-
ibmm...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>I have two questions about security.
>
>What is the difference between R-INACT and REVOKED?  I know what
revoked is, but I'm not sure what R-INACT is exactly.  I have searched the
Security Server bookshelf, and R-INACT is not listed there.  At least its not on
the z/OS R9 bookshelf that I have on CD.

>Another related question I have.  If RACF is set up to revoke userids after 45
days of inactivity, will the user show up as revoked after that 45 days?  I had
heard that it only showed up as revoked if the user tried to log on after the
period of inactivity.  So even if the user didn't try to log on for 60 days in
my
example, he would still show up as "REVOKE DATE=NONE after 50 days.  Is
that correct?

>Thanks,
>--
>Eric Bielefeld
>Systems Programmer

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to
sender and destroy or delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.