Another option is to use another alias - SYS3.SOMEPROD.DEVL.LINKLIB for use
in development, separate from SYS3.SOMEPROD.PROD.LINKLIB in production. Most
of the time, these both will point to the same base file name, but in this
case, .DEVL will have the new version, and .PROD will have the current
version.

*don*