Thanks for the explanations, and suggestions.

What I was observing, even if it was residual data, seemed different, either
for v1.11 itself, or some other component added last year to our systems in
support of v1.11.

I had not been successful with a SLIP, earlier, but I was able to observe the
TCBCMP fields of the INIT tasks using Mainview and I was able to see that
certain batch jobs caused this field to change, on a fresh initiator, with the
first execution of a batch job, so I set a SLIP to the ASID of the INIT and
obtained a LOGREC, and set another SLIP to get a full DUMP.

There really is a s0C4 in module PRS30610 at the 06/23/10 10.23 assembly
level, reg6 is bad, and the INIT task recovers, and except for the residual
data (and the overhead of processing the interrupt, etc.), no one is the
wiser.  PRS30610 is intercepting a dynamic allocation out of IGGDADSM.
PRS30610 is part of Mainview SRM, which used at both sites whose dumps
showed this INIT TCBCMP s0c4.

I will take this problem to the vendor (severity level 4).

regards, Joe D'Alessandro