Robert S. Hansel (RSH) wrote:

>Setting BLP to YES or NO on a JES2 JOBCLASS statement merely determines
whether you can or cannot use BLP in jobs submitted via that particular class.
Many installations reserve one or two JOBCLASSes for BLP use and some limit
who can use these classes via exits.

Thanks. This I found also after some nice RTFM. We don't use any exits sofar
to limit usage of BLP and NL.

>Note: If you have DITTO or File Manager and it is running APF-authorized,
and you have READ access to FACILITY class resource DITTO.TAPE.BLP or
FILEM.TAPE.BLP respectively, you can submit BLP jobs using these utilities
in any JOBCLASS. It overrides JOBCLASS BLP=NO.

Thanks for that lesson about overriding. I've learned something new. Thanks
Robert!

>The authorization check for FACILITY class resource ICHBLP is made in
addition to JES, DITTO, or FILEM allowing using of BLP.

We use RACF profiles, JES2 JOBCLASS statements and when needed/used,
DITTO, to limit usage of BLP and NL. As discussed in this thread, we don't
limit
(so far) usage of specific drives to be used for BLP.

Thanks Robert. This thread and your replies was very useful for me!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht