We had a tape drive fail (not 982). The failing drive was replaced, and is
working fine.  The 982 drive in the same ATL  will not go offline, we get
the:

IEE329I 0982     IN USE BY A SYSTEM COMPONENT

The display below shows it in use by jobname *MASTER*

D U,TAPE,ALLOC
IEE106I 09.06.44 UNITS ALLOCATED 447
UNIT    JOBNAME  ASID   JOBNAME  ASID   JOBNAME
0970    SVTSAS   0061
0972    SVTSAS   0061
0973    SVTSAS   0061
0982    *MASTER* 0001   <====What's up with this one?
0984    SVTSAS   0061

I GOOGLED the message, and found a few APARS, but they are old and don't
seem to fit this particular situation.  The drives are online only to the
production LPAR   *MASTER* is our SYSLOG.

Any ideas on how to fix this????

Lucy Arnold
Storage Manager
U.C. Davis Medical Center