From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
???
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:28 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ZCIOWAIT message

 The ZCIOWAIT Resource Name is not given in Tmon, so I am not sure what is kind
of resource the task waiting.
The task is shipping record to another CICS region. So I guess first maybe the
cics setting have some problem, second  the program in another region response
slowly. Is it possible CICS setting problem?

At 2011-03-02 04:05:24,"Pearce, Colin E" <colin.pea...@baml.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>ZCIOWAIT defines the type of Resource the task is waiting on.  There is a
>Resource Name which defines what this type of Resource is.   For example if
>the transaction is in Conversation mode and waiting for a response from the
>User, then the Resource Type will be ZCIOWAIT and Resource Name will be
>DFHZARQ1  which is CICS VTAM Terminal Control Application Request handler.
>Effectively the User has issued an E C SEND WAIT
>
>If the Resource Type is ZCIOWAIT and the Resource Name is DFHZARR1 this is a
>Receive within LU6.2 protocol, a Receive is waiting on more data to be sent.
>
>If the Resource Type is ZCIOWAIT and the Resource Name is DFHZERH1 this is
>when there is a need to handle the sending and receiving of FMH7s (Function
>Management Headers) and negative responses within LU6.2. This may have
>something to do with a Security failure.
>
>There are other ZCIOWAIT reasons.  The Resource Names are given in Omegamon
>and Tmon.  They can also be found in a CICS Trace as well as a dump.
>
>The CICS/TS Problem Determination Guide has all the Wait reasons for
>ZCIOWAIT The CICS/TS Diagnostic Guide lists the Resource Types and Resource
>Names and the modules that get invoked when these conditions occur.  They will
>give you more information about where you are and why your waiting.
>

>Colin Pearce

>>> 02/24 00:00:02 CICSA     TR68  87201         0.0346   0.0074       0      17
>>> 02/24 00:00:29 CICSA     TR68  87583         1.1215   0.1548       0     473