W dniu 2011-03-06 17:19, Chris Mason pisze:
Radoslaw

Yes, DISP=NEW fails if the PDS already exists. Even if nonexistent member is
specified.

I'm assuming that what you mean to say is the following
[...]
Chris,
You used many words, citations, quotations, etc. but IMHO you should just say "I was wrong". I really don't care what's in the manual, what somebody said, etc. DISP in JCL is always for dataset, not the member, DISP=NEW always end with JCL error when PDS(E) exist, and it it completely irrelevant whether you specify member name or not or specified member exists or not.

The only (not mentioned) case when DISP=NEW works (does not cause error) for existing dataset is ...
(I think it wasn't mentioned here yet)
GDG.

GDG dataset with "deferred roll in" (proper name can be slightly different, wrote from my poor memory) is simply rolled it when DISP=NEW is used. But it is very specific case, which precludes usage of PDSE and membername of PDS. And was (no longer is) unsupported by IBM for PDS.

I want the discussion to stay technical one, not - let's say - political, like USS meaning or Toronto airports.
Regards
--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

--
BRE Bank SA
ul. Senatorska 18

Sd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy XII Wydzia Gospodarczy Krajowego Rejestru Sdowego, nr rejestru przedsibiorców KRS 0000025237
NIP: 526-021-50-88
Wedug stanu na dzie 16.07.2010 r. kapita zakadowy BRE Banku SA (w caoci wpacony) wynosi 168.248.328 zotych.