From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Rob Scott
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 2:24 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: PSAAOLD question - when is it updated?

The following could explain what you are seeing but is based on a fair amount
of guesswork :

(1) ISV code using some sort of BPX* service that results in new ASID being
created to perform the work - one of those "*OMVSEX" chaps
(2) ISV (or IBM) code that runs in the new ASID wants, with good reason, to
setup a ASID-level RESMGR routine to clean-up when the BPX-thing terminates.
(3) RESMGR code uses some sort of pointer to a TCB in the now-terminated ASID
(4) TCB addresses *can* be similar in different address spaces (obviously they
are not the same thing)
(5) RESMGR routine has (for years) been processing the TCB address passed to it
and finding a valid address in ASID(0001) - hence there has been no abend
(6) Something has changed in R12 that has made that TCB address not valid and
the bug (that has been there for ages) now suddenly bites.

Rob Scott
Lead Developer
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street * Newton, MA 02466-2272 * USA
Tel: +1.617.614.2305
Email: rsc...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com