Hunt, Bruce wrote:

>Thanks again for everyone's help. If anyone cares, here is the assembler
program that reads the spanned file and creates a fixed length 136 byte file
padded with blanks where necessary. I don't claim to be the best assembler
programmer. I hope that worked in my favor in keeping it simple. But I am
definitely up for constructive criticism.

Very interesting! Many thanks!

>I am including the JCL and 2 more programs (a cobol and a rexx). This is the
reason I took so long to get back with this. Sorry if this is too much
information.

Based on a quick look on your programs, I'm wondering if you can use DFSORT
keywords VTOF. You can convert a VB data set to an FB data set with
OUTFIL's VTOF and BUILD or OUTREC parameters.

Again thanks for sharing your source code. Perhaps a budding programmer can
benefit from your wisdom. ;-)

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht