On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:34:44 -0800, Edward E. Jaffe wrote:

>Larre Shiller wrote:
>
>>Take a look at the THRESHLD parameters of the OUTPUT JCL and the
>>JES3 //*FORMAT PR statements.
>>

>SEGMENT dices up a report as it's being created. THRESHLD dices up a
>report as it's being printed. Both cause the report to "break" at an
>arbitrary point, based on number of lines written. My approach has
>always been to give the application control over where the report breaks
>using the SETPRT macro.

Actually, JES2's SEGMENT support is based on the number of PAGES, which in
turn are based strictly on skips to channel 1, while the JES3 THRESHLD
support is based on the number of LINES.  Presumably JES2 output that has
LINECT=0 specified (somewhere) would result in no SEGMENTs produced,
whereas JES3 is more difficult to confuse (in that aspect, at least).

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI