Von:    Sergio Lima <sergio...@hotmail.com>
An:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Datum:  28.03.2011 15:51
Betreff:        Question About use TAPEMAP Program
Gesendet von:   IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Hello List.

Last weekend, We downloaded the TAPEMAP here, from CBTTAPE, and evething
was well.
Now, We try use this program, but We don't see the documentation, for
example, where put the Tape Volume for the program process.
We try put a volume label on SYSIN, but something is not ok.
We try run this jcl :

//TAPEMAP  JOB   (PROD),ROTINA,CLASS=A,
//    NOTIFY=&SYSUID,MSGLEVEL=(1,1),MSGCLASS=T
//S001DEF  EXEC  PGM=TAPEMAPN
//STEPLIB  DD    DSN=SERGIOL.TSO.LOAD,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD    SYSOUT=*
//AMSDUMP  DD    SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD    *
G00698

And the result is this :

VOL=G00698                       TAPE ANALYSIS PROGRAM   (T A P E M A P)
V2.3

RELOAD   FILE                     PSWD                   INFO    BL
FORMAT   SEQ#  DATASET NAME       REQD  C-DATE  E-DATE  SOURCE  RECFM
LRECL   S
*** TAPE VOLUME COULD NOT BE OPENED ***

We see the device is Online :

D U,,,670,2
IEE457I 10.46.46 UNIT STATUS 727
UNIT TYPE STATUS        VOLSER     VOLSTATE
0670 349S O    -R                      /REMOV
0671 3490 OFFLINE                      /REMOV

And the device is a 3490 .

Someone can help us please?

Thanks very much.

Sergio Lima Costa