1. truncate the AD password to 8 characters on the mainframe
2. use passphrases instead of passwords.

Option 2 is not really viable because not all applications which use RACF to
validate the userid are capable of using passphrases. So option 1 is the only
thing that I can think of. Well option 0 would be to restrict Windows passwords
to be compatable with RACF passwords, having a max of 8 characters. I don't
know if you can set a maximum length for Windows passwords. But even if you
can, I'd almost bet that some auditor will start their weeping and wailing and
gnashing of teeth about how insecure this is. So I'd use option 3: eliminate
Windows. <grin>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV