From: Gerri Booth <gerri.bo...@wisconsin.gov>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Wed, April 6, 2011 9:46:13 AM
Subject: Re: SMP/E BYPASS( HOLDSYS( <reason-list> ) )

The RC=0 from BYPASS(HOLDSYSTEM) under SMP/E 3.5 is for both APPLY CHECK and
APPLY. Try an APPLY CHECK job with the COMPAT(WARNBYPASS) parm on the EXEC
and you'll get RC=4 for the job.

The primary reason you'd get RC=4 on the APPLY after getting RC=0 on the
APPLY CHECK is because of RETURN CODE = 4 from the binder.  Look at the
GIM42001 and GIM35966 msgs in the output.  Those are the messages that
result from the BYPASS(HOLDSYS).  If they end with an I rather than a W then
that means they are returning RC=0.  Only messages ending in W result in
RC=4.  In my APPLY jobs those are always GIM23913W (LINK-EDIT PROCESSING FOR
SYSMOD UA55316 WAS SUCCESSFUL FOR MODULE ISTAPCTQ IN LMOD ISTAPVL1 IN THE
SISTCLIB LIBRARY. THE RETURN CODE WAS 04).

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 04:21:22 -0700, Bill Johnson <mellonb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>15.43.10 JOB08993  -STEPNAME PROCSTEP
>Not reacting that way here.

15.43.10 JOB08993  -STEPNAME PROCSTEP    RC   EXCP   CONN
15.43.10 JOB08993  -S1                   04   310K  97228
15.43.10 JOB08993  -XXXXAPLY ENDED.  NAME-APLY RSU1012

.  APPLY
.         PTFS
.         BYPASS   (
.                   HOLDSYSTEM