On 4/8/2011 5:43 PM, Dave Salt wrote:
In my experience it's usually quite straightforward to set up a workstation
connection, especially if you set one up at work (i.e. where the PC and
mainframe are both on the same intranet). Even if you don't have a static IP
address, the ZIPADDR system variable usually contains the right IP address to
connect to.

It might be a little more tricky to set up a connection at home (especially if
you don't use a VPN), but even then it's usually not that difficult. And, IMO,
it's worth spending the time to figure it out.

There's a chapter in the SimpList user guide that explains how to set up a
workstation connection. I'd be happy to forward that section of the guide to
anyone who's interested in learning how to set up a connection.

Dave Salt

Dave,

I'd like a copy of that chapter, to hand out at customer
sites when I teach, to help them at least try it out.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html