In <listserv%201104071242544851.0...@bama.ua.edu>, on 04/07/2011
   at 12:42 PM, Tony Lessells <tonylesse...@hbosplc.com> said:

>our management have asked us to do a weekly review of new PTFs to
>ensure we apply any that are relevant.

I believe that you have an obligation to officially warn them of the
risk. After that, their system, their rules.

>Any advice on where to start on this would be appreciated.

Talk to your management about the rationale for hold data and the
risks of being on the bleeding edge. Propose a strategy that includes
receiving all service regularly not not doing an early APPLY just
because a PTF is nominally relevant. Review all HIPER service, and
propose a schedule for mass applies. I used to age for 90 days, but
that's probably too conservative these days. Agree on rules for
installing relevant HIPER service out of schedule.

In general, try to achieve a compromise between trailing edge and
bleeding edge. But, again, if management won't change its position
then you'll have to do what they want.