No joy.  Talks about modifying predefined roles. no content on adding new
ones.

Thomas Ambros
Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
518-436-6433

Gary DiPillo <gdipi...@axiosproducts.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
04/25/2011 10:21
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: zOSMF: Site customizable user roles

Tom,

A draft Redbook was just announced.  It may provide more details for you.

*z/OS Management Facility*
Revised: April 19, 2011
More details are available at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/abstracts/sg247851.html?Open
<
http://www.ibm.com/vrm/newsletter_10300_8855_192978_email_DYN_1IN/GDiPillo126694429

Regards,
Gary DiPillo
Axios Products

On 04/25/2011 8:52 AM, Tom Ambros wrote:
> As zOSMF includes more functions, it is more likely that an installation
> will want to add user roles beyond the few available today.  For
instance,
> I'd like to set it up so my Capacity Planning group can see Links and
WLM
> admin, but not Comm Server Configuration.   Certainly I can protect all
> those functions at the back end but I'd like to hide the doors, so to
> speak.  After a while I know I'm going to run into some group that gets
> their feelings hurt if they see a choice but get SAF'ed out of it, and
> then their boss gets the violation report from Info Security so I end up
> getting a 'how can we stop this' requirment.
>
> I tried hacking around but clearly missed a piece.  Results were
> unsatisfactory.  Has anybody been successful in adding user roles beyond
> Admin/User/Unauth User/Guest?  If not, are there plans in future
releases
> for this sort of thing that anybody knows about?
>
> Thomas Ambros
> Operating Systems and Connectivity Engineering
> 518-436-6433
>

> Email Classification: KeyCorp Internal
> </pre>
>
> This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. It
> is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the
intended
> recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
distributing
> or using any of this information. If you received this communication in
error,
> please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its
entirety,
> whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain
nonpublic personal
> information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the
> Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or
redisclose
> such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for
which
> you are receiving the information.
>
> 127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
>
> <pre>
>

> If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or
services from Key
> send an e-mail to mailto:dnereque...@key.com with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the

Axios Products, Inc. supp...@axiosproducts.com 631-864-3666 x133