>happened that our payroll process occurred during the period
> of the audit. Our
> operations manager informed the auditors that payroll
> processing would take
> priority over the audit if they came on those days, on any
> other days they
> could have the machine. Guess which days they came. We were
> written up
> because we did not give then dedicated use of the machine.

There are mean-spirited, vindictive, and incompetent people in all professions.

Auditors, as anybody else, are not exempt from process and rules.

They should not be able to pre-empt critical events for non-critical tasks.

And, management should have backed the ops manager.
-
Ted MacNEIL
eamacn...@yahoo.ca
Twitter: @TedMacNEIL