On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:22:44 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:

>> Not to mention the vast numbr of OEM programs that would be "broken" by a
>> change in the format of the answer from a NOTE request.
>
>IBM extended the size of the information returned by NOTE some time ago from
>three-byte TTRs to four-byte TTTRs. See the BLOCKTOKENSIZE= parameter.

I recall hearing of a TTRZ.  But if both the TTRZ and the TTTR are four
bytes the change is less disruptive than changing the size of a field.

IIRC, one could point to the block after the NOTE by setting the low
byte of the TTRZ to 01.  Is this facility continued with the low bit
of the TTTR?  Then the programmer must set it with OI, not MVI?

-- gil