Thanks for your suggestion...

Regards
Saurabh Khandelwal

On 4/28/2011 12:17 PM, R.S. wrote:
W dniu 2011-04-28 07:00, saurabh khandelwal pisze:
Hello,
While applying RSU, I am running out of space issue in SMPPTS library.
Can somebody help me to resolve this issue.

1. You can try to enlarge your SMPPTS library. If you have big volume then simply create new PDSE (it MUST be PDSE, because PDS is limited to 64k tracks) and copy all the members from the old dataset to the new one.

2. If the above is not possible then you can use another method: create second library and use *both of them*. You have to create dataset and DDDEF entry named SMPPTS1. Note the "1". Caution: this dddef have to be defined in all zones where SMPTS is already defined. Common mistake is to create SMPPTS1 in GLOBAL only - it fixes problems during RECEIVE, but APPLY will fail without SMPPTS1 in TZONE.

BTW: this is an example how IBM tries to circumvent single-volume limitation for libraries (PDS(E)s).