From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Craig Pace
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: FTPed Load module Blank

If you can FTP from one LPAR to the others, that is what I would do.  With
load modules, you can do a straight FTP, in binary mode, from one MVS LPAR
to another one as long as you make sure that both your current directory
(machine where FTP was initiated) and your working directory (machine you
made the connection with) are both standard RECFM=U LRECL=0 libraries.

Example (Send LMODA from MVS1 to MVS2).  Notice the quotation marks.

>From MVS1

FTP MVS2
user-id
pass-word
cd 'MVS2.LOADLIB'
lcd 'MVS1.LOADLIB'
bin
put LMODA
quit

If FTP is not available, I would recommend using IBM's TRSMAIN, available
in BCP of z/OS V1R9, available with APAR OA19194 for z/OS V1R7 and z/OS
V1R8 and can be download for previous levels from
http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/390/trsmain.html.  If using TRSMAIN,
pack the file using TRSMAIN and then FTP in binary with the same DCB
information as the TRSMAIN output file.  Then from your receiving system,
use TRSMAIN to unpack the file back to the LOADMOD library.

Thanks,

Craig Pace

jagadishan perumal <jagadish...@gmail.com>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
04/28/2011 01:56 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
FTPed Load module Blank

Hi,

I have downloaded few internally developed Loadmodules. When I tried
uploading the FTP'd file to another LPAR I can see it was blank and there
no
content inside(Its specifically happening for load modules). Here in our
shop we are having Monoplex so XMIT is not working. Is there a way to
download the Load modules and transfer them to other Lpar with same
Content.

Any help on this would be much appreicated.

Regards,
Jags

This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note
that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
then destroy any copies of it.

intended
information.
distribution