Jags

It's not at all clear from this response that you managed to extract the
message from the frivolity in my previous message that

It was tried with NLDM around the early 1980s and it failed miserably!

Now, if you, as you propose, need to get to setting up your 3270 data to the
level of setting up a "blinking" attribute following an SFE (start field
extended)
character you may as well go the small extra step of setting up a "blinking"
attribute following an SA (set attribute) character which operates at the level
of just the following text character and do as I did, namely, substitute what
would be a blank, X'40', between the words of your message with a "rugby
ball", X'3F', - I don't know the official name - character.

For help with the programming of the 3270 data stream see the following:

3174 Establishment Controller Functional Description, GA23-0218-11

http://publibfp.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/cn7a7003/

I hope that's clear this time.

Chris Mason

<chrisma...@belgacom.net>wrote:

>> Jags
>>
>> Probably we should have the name of the list changed from IBM-MAIN to
JAGS-
>> MAIN!
>>
>> > instead is it possible to just have a blinking Message....
>>
>> Indeed, arranging to have a field of characters or individual characters
>> blink is
>> a possibility offered by the extension of the basic 3270 data stream
>> capabilities introduced in the latter end of the '70s - at about the same
>> time
>> that the 3279 and colour brightened our 3270 lives.
>>
>> Back in the early days of the Network Logical Data Manager (NLDM)
product -
>> which, because the task of installing independent components over the
>> programming environment supplied by the Network Communications Control
>> Facility (NCCF) product together with the Network Problem Determination
Aid