On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:25:36 +0200, R.S. <r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>W dniu 2011-04-29 15:18, Mark Zelden pisze:
>> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:30:59 +0530, saurabh khandelwal
>> <saurabh.khandel...@oracle.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>             Thanks for reply. I will check in my site about old PTF,
>>> which can be removed from PTS library and detail about accepted PTFs.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>> Saurabh

>> What R.S. didn't tell you was what to do if PURGE(NO) is specified.   I have
>> to run that way at one of my clients because while I maintain a single
>> global zone / SMPPTS, I have multiple target zones for different
>> companies within that shop  (multiple per company to match
>> the sysres set) and a single DLIB zone for each company.   I can't clean
>> up the SMPPTS until ACCEPT is done in all the DLIB zones (otherwise
>> the 2nd and subsequent ACCEPTs get very angry when the sysmod is
>> gone from the global zone / SMPPTS!) .
>>
>> What you have to do is run REJECT in PURGE mode.   Simple enough:
>>
>>    SET    BOUNDARY (GLOBAL).
>>    REJECT PURGE  (DLIB1,DLIB2,DLIB3,...).
>>
>> After I do that, I run CLEANUP against the maintenance target zones
>> and compress the SMPPTS(es).
>
>Mark,
>I also have multiple DLIB and TARGET zones. My way to clean up PTS is to
>switch PURGE OFF, then perform ACCPET on every DLIB *except* last one,
>switch PURGE ON (YES) and then perform ACCEPT on the last one. It's
>error-prone ;-)

Even if not error prone, seems like more work to me than it's worth.

Also, for me,  the different companies / business units don't always
have the same schedules to roll out maintenance.  So company A could be
at RSU1009 and company B at RSU1012 and since I won't except anything
that isn't at least 6 months old, the DLIB zones could be at different
accept levels also.

>I have a question to the command above: REJECT PURGE(DLIB1,DLIB2,...)
>Is AND or OR between the zones? In other words: PTF accepted on every
>DLIB will be purged, what about PTF accepted on single DLIB?

I should tell you to RTFM, but I like you.  :-)

It means to "consider all the specified zones when doing the REJECT" - so it
is an "AND" condition.   If only one zone was specified, it would only look
at that one zone and could delete a PTF from the global zone that was not
yet accepted into the other DLIB zone(s) being maintained.

Cheers,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com

*** Please note the new URL for Mark's MVS Utilities ***