________________________________
From: Steve Horein <steve.hor...@gmail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Sat, April 30, 2011 4:19:19 PM
Subject: Re: SMPPTS run out of Space (another approach)

I had thought the same about the IMS guy who had left years ago. Needing to
put in a PTF on IMS for an upcoming OS upgrade, I was mildly surprised to
find this:

The reason why I said that about the CICS guy was that he did not believe in
smpe and put on fixes with iebupdte. Yes I know I shook my head and walked away
but made my feelings known to my boss. The boss assured me that it was "OK" and
that the guy would never leave so we wouldn't have to worry. ABout a year later
he got cancer and dropped dead. I was a little bit mad so I dropped into to see
the boss and asked him what he was going to do now.

He was not amused.

Ed