Ed,
Not sure I got your point. Anyway, it wasn't my intention
to make a statement on how costly address space creation actually
is (I simply don't have a clue). But, thinking highlevel that at
least some control blocks have to be build, it cannot come for
free. Then, if it wasn't something expensisve, why would IBM
then had implemented the concept of BPX UNIX initiators (aka BPXAS)?

These are my conclusions which are not based on real performance
figures or code knowledge. So, I may well have drawn wrong conclusions.

--
Peter Hunkeler