I searched IBM-MAIN on this topic and see some discussion from a couple of
years ago, so I'm hoping someone will be able to help us.  We have a z10 in
which I have defined 2 FCP chpids on our FICON Express8 cards.  These chpids
have NPIV enabled and I have provided the open system team with the WWPN's that
were generated.  The FCP chpids are dedicated to our 1 Linux IFL.  We have
connected the fiber, but the chpid, while staying ONLINE, gets a SEQUENCE
TIME-OUT on the HMC.  The light is on on the mainframe side, but not on the
switch.  The open system team tells me that there is nothing for them to do on
their side until they can "see" the mainframe (light comes on?).  In z/VM, the
chips appear fine, defined as FCP with devices attached and FREE.  I'm not sure
what else I can do from the mainframe side to help the situation?  HELP!

The SCSI is a "CLARiiON  CX-700 with FLARE (operating system) version 26
revision 31 (02.26.700.5.031) which is the latest release for the CX-700
product line. "

Anne D. Crabtree
System Programmer
WV Office of Technology Data Center