IBM Announcement 909-120 states:

Effective June 30, 2010, IBM® will withdraw from marketing the IBM System
z9® Business Class (z9TM BC) and System z9 Enterprise Class (z9 EC), all
models,
features, and upgrades.

We purchased a 2096 with Q02 capacity (335MIPs/47MSU) in 2008.  It is
currently running as a 2096-T01 (242MIPS/34MSU).

Our IBM re-seller is telling us if we do not turn on the additional
capacity by June 30, 2011, we will lose it.  Currently, we do not need the
capacity.  Our projections show we will need some of it 2012 Q1.

Several questions.
Has anyone lost capacity they purchased because of this IBM policy?
Are there 3rd party companies that can provide the upgrade service?
Can additional memory be purchased from a third party company and the box
still supported by IBM?

If yes to last 2 questions - can you provide company names?

Any other comments on this topic may be appreciated.  Thanks.

taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this
document.