I've been a long-time subscriber and mainframe contractor/consultant;
there's nothing in this for me but I hope this referral might help someone.
I am currently waiting to bid on a particular position.meanwhile there is
another opportunity to be placed on-site at the same local-government
customer, as an IMS SYSPROG contractor.  This is initially a 12 month
contract position, mostly doing IMS software upgrade installation and
production support.  I finally got them off SMU to ACF2/IMS last year so I
assume one major objective is to manage and execute a subsequent IMS update.
As necessary, also upgrade and/or support BMC: DELTA/IMS, UltraOpt/IMS,
Mainview, MAXM reorg/EP, Neon PDF, CA: ACF2/IMS, IBM: AD Tools, ADF, BTS,
DBT, IMS Connect extensions, INFOTEL: Telepak.  Must be comfy with SMP/E,
TSO, fundamentals of VTAM, MS: Office, Outlook, Project.  I'd apply myself
but most of my IMS experience was pretty long ago; they're asking for 5
years' experience with IMS within the last 7 but if you have relevant
experience please do apply.  There is another IMS contractor on-site;
ACF2/IMS administration is handled by another department; application
support is handled by another department.  This is mostly systems
programming, change management, testing, and migration, SMP; not DBA work.
Except for a few small exits the software is vendor-supported; be able to
take dumps and perform basic diagnostics.  Staff-tech is favored in these
government bids as a registered local female-owned small business: contact
Mae West m...@staff-tech.net 916-932-1229.  This is a good foot in the door
with a supportive and cooperative database group that also supports CICS and
DB2, surrounded by a very professional in-house systems group.  Pay range
considers experience and is appropriate to cost of living in a suburb just
south of LA, but a price-competitive bid is awarded the contract.

Hint: IMS was developed and first ran across the street, where the DB/DC
division made one man there the world's first DBA.

Is there an IMS listserver I should post to?