In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 12/01/2005
   at 08:54 PM, Tom Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>No, not impossible,

Yes impossible. It's not a SMOP, but a logical impossibility. You
could, of course, design a new kind of JCL with a new set of rules[1],
but then you would be solving a different problem from the one under
discussion.

>a redesign of allocation

It has nothing to do with allocation. It has to do with the conflict
between what you want and the external specifications of JES2, JES3,
the Converter and the Interpreter.

[1] Which might not be a bad idea.