If you are creating the new dataset via ftp you probably need to give it additional datasset attributes to tell the system you want a PDS (such as specify directory blocks (dir=10?) and dsorg=po). In my case I create the dataset via ISPF 3.2 and specify that I want a PDS there.

thirumurugan wrote:
Hi iam much thankful to ur kind reply
   It worked fine but only thing that the dataset
which i created as equivalent to the source doesn't
behave to be PDS after setting the RECFM=U.. so i
couldnt able to use MGET * .
hence I copied the dataset after dumping using the
utility ADRDSSU and with the FTP option  (replace

-thiru

--- George Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

thirumurugan wrote:

Hi all kind help pls

I wanted to transfer SYS1.SIEALNKE dataset from

one

Z/OS to another.. Let me state it as from MVSA to

MVSB

following are the steps I followed
  1. Created a dump of the dataset SYS1.SIEALNKE
(which is in MVSA) in the name of THIRU.SIEALNKE

using

the utility ADRDSSU.
2. FTPied MVSA from MVSB and using the

parameter
       LOCSITE PRI=50 SEC=20 CY BLOCKSIZE=27998

REC=U

       BIN
       GET SIEALNKE
The file was successfully transfered.
  3. Now i tried to restore the dataset SIEALNKE
using the utility ADRDSSU in MVSB, but i facing

the

below error
ADR389E (001)-IORT (01), INVALID INPUT ON DDNAME

DASD,

INPUT DATA SET NOT PRODUCED BY DFDSS OR DFSMSDSS
ADR415W (001)-TDDS (02), NO DATA SETS WERE COPIED,
DUMPED, OR RESTORED FROM ANY VOLUME

kindly help me to correct this issue

__________________________________ Yahoo! Music Unlimited Access over 1 million songs. Try it free. http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access

instructions,

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the

message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Search the archives at

http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

replace the

BIN

with

MODE B
EBCDIC

if you are going MVS to MVS.

Actually you probably don't need the unload / reload
stuff of that is a RECFM=U dataset. Just create the new dataset with the same size and attributes as the original and do this

mode b
ebcdic
cd 'name of dataset on from system'
lcd 'name of dataset on to system'
mget *

this should work fine for a RECFM=U dataset.

George

__________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs