On Mon, 23 May 2011 07:46:41 +0100, Martin Packer <martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

>I don't disagree, Mark, that this can be highly inconvenient. But it's
>high time that organisations "got with the program(me)" re modern
>communications technology. I guess THIS is one of the WORST audiences to
>peddle that line to. :-) On a brighter note we don't seem to have been all
>that slow to adopt Web 1.0. (But maybe I forget...) :-)
>
>Martin
>
>Martin Packer,
>Mainframe Performance Consultant, zChampion
>Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

To be honest, I totally support any corporation's desire to lock out facebook
from the office.  Personal / web email sites is another story, but there is
little professional value in the way people use facebook today.  By
definition, it is primarily used for networking with friends, not professional
contacts. You're posts are an exception.

Using modern communications like Facebook is a good thing.  My current
employer recognizes that and has their own social media web site where
employees can collaborate, create and join groups etc.  Most other
corporate landing sites have moved to this social web site also now.  But you
won't find people discussing what movie they saw over the weekend
or what the are planning for dinner on it.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com