From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Steve
Comstock [st...@trainersfriend.com]
Sent: 23 May 2011 19:42
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: PF9 Swap question

On 5/23/2011 10:22 AM, Lindy Mayfield wrote:
> I have been using multiple ISPF screens for many years now, 12 or so.
> I have memorized what each one is.  Like 1 is edit, 2 is SDSF, 3 is
> ISHELL, 4 is 3.4 and so on.

Well, wait now. There is no inherent mapping like you are
talking about. You mean this is the way _you_ start up the
screens. Go back to the ISPF class I taught there a in November,
2008. In the ISPF class, look at pp. 166-172 (especially
note the last bullet on p. 172)

Also look around in the class libraries for a member "MYSTART"
which starts up and names four or five screens for you.

> Problem is that I still cannot figure out how to make PF9
> swap between two screens that I want.  Let's say I am in
> ISHELL on number 3 and I want to swap to number 6 for example.
> I put 6 in the command and hit PF9 and it goes there.  Then
> I hit PF9 and it goes to #2 for example.  I want it to go
> from 6 to 3.  How do I do that?

That depends on how you assign PF9; if you have just 'swap',
then the swap is always between the two most recenct screens
you've used. If you have 'swap next' the swap is to the next
screen on the screen list.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
   + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
     for training dollars at
   http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html