On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:26:45 +0200, R.S.
<r.skoru...@bremultibank.com.pl> wrote:

>Just to complement Barbara's excellent anwser:
>One of the reasons why CDS datasets should reside on separate volumes is
>hardware RESERVE. It is used for CDSes, at least in some situations.
>
>--
>Radoslaw Skorupka
>Lodz, Poland

Indeed, may be the SYSDSN ENQs we see are not the result of XCFAS
dynamically allocating couple datasets via SVC99. Maybe these ENQs are
explicitly being issued to prevent accidental deletion of these datasets, much
the same way that LINKLIST datasets get handled by XCFAS.

However, you wrote "It is used for CDSes, at least in some situations".
How do you know that couple datasets get serialized by RESERVEs?
What is the QNAME for these RESERVEs?