"R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Nobody answered, so I did a test.
> I tried to use "by mistake"  RACF structure as NEWCKPT1.
> Here are the results.
>
> IXL013I IXLCONN REQUEST FOR STRUCTURE IRRXCF00_P001 FAILED.
> JOBNAME: JES2 ASID: 0018 CONNECTOR NAME: JES2_BROT
> IXLCONN RETURN CODE: 00000008,  REASON CODE: 02010820
>
> ...0820 mean:
> Program error. The structure type specified does not match the type of
> the currently-allocated structure...
>

> --
> Radoslaw Skorupka
> Lodz, Poland

Radoslaw,

1. From previous posts I presumed you have adequate testing facilities.

2. This was an easy one, using an incorrect structure type, next question: what
happens if the types do match? For JES, it should be formatted as a Checkpoint
structure or it will start formatting it, depends how you present it to Jes.
For formatting it should be large enough. So the answer is the same as with any
other mistake: it depends.

Similar question: what happens when you specify the HSM CDS to Jes as its
checkpoint dataset? The predictable stuff I suppose.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.