John Eells wrote:
[...]
You can order the same version of a z/OS product for which you are already licensed at no additional charge. So if there is any significant possibility you will get stuck, it's in your best interest to order releases before they get withdrawn from marketing even if there is some chance that the order will sit on a shelf (physically or logically) and never be used. This can help you make sure you have a migration path from wherever you are to where you eventually go.

Does it mean, I can order, let's say, z/OS 1.7 or CICS TS 3.1 (I'm on lower levels) and have no obligation to migrate within one year ? I was told I have to migrate within one year from delivery otherwise I'll pay for both versions.
Just curious.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland