On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 20:23:06 -0400 Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

:>> >  >Hi friends!
:>> > >Can anyone suggest a reason why a job runs fine with APF authorized
:>> > loadlibs
:>> > >when the actual files are used, but fails as unauthorized when using
:>> > >a dataset alias? APF shows the correct file on the correct volume,
:>> > >and I
:>> > know
:>> > >that I do not need to add the alias name to APF list, right? What
:>> > >other things can I check, and is there a way for a file to lose APF
:>> > >when using
:>> > an
:>> > >alias?

:>> > >My understanding is that the Alias is only used to locate the "real"
:>> > >file from the catalog, but then when it is opened, the "real" file is
:>used.

:>> > >Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help!
:>> > >*don*

:>Don I will agree with what others have stated.

:>If it is an APF issue, you should see system abends like S106 or S047.  If
:>your application is producing an error message then it is very likely it is
:>the application and the way it is doing its function.

I would have to disagree.

Much code does a TESTAUTH FCTN=1 with a graceful exit / different processing
if not APF.

:>You should have the owner of the code explain how this error message is
:>being produced.

http://www.dissensoftware.com