On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 10:51:31 -0400, Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>
wrote:
>Just to throw in a small plug here, and our information may now be
>dated...

It is.  :-)

>However, it's our understanding that z/VM RACF requires HLASM; which
>is an additionally priced product on z/VM.   For this reason, we provide
>our assembler on z/VM to keep the costs down.

HLASM is required only if you don't like the default configuration and you
don't like the alternate HCPRWA that is supplied (which changes a 'defer' to
'deny'.)

If anyone is thinking about purchasing HLASM for z/VM (from IBM or Dignus)
just to change the RACF or HCPRWA configuration, give the Support Center a
call.  They may be able to do a "courtesy compile" for you.

>On z/OS - HLASM "comes with" the operating system, but, I don't believe
>that is the case on z/VM.

It is true that HLASM is not included with z/VM.

Alan Altmark
IBM