In a recent note, Hal Merritt said:

> Date:         Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:57:10 -0600
>
> You assume the server is not a PC. I wonder....

No.  Nor do I assume that it's a PC running/not running Linux;
only that the FTP server software has (or can be modified to
have) some facility comparable to the FTCHKCMD user exit.

If no such facility is available, there's a considerable argument
for the superiority of the z/OS FTP server for this purpose.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL