Good question John! Thanks for mentioning this!

I have NOT encountered such software which enabled color-blind persons to
see different colors properly, but I personally found that I have to help
people
to replace very dark Blue to Turquoise on their 3270 Emulators. Certain CRT
monitors can't display dark blue properly under fluorescent tubes.

On very old monochrome monitors, I have to replace red with something else,
they're only visible when you turned contrast and brightness all the way up...

Timothy Sipples wrote:

>What do you mean by mainframe-generated display? I assume you do not
mean the hardware management console or the service elements.

Any sort of displays used with a z/OS machine. Trad 3270, consoles, HMC, etc.

Good emulators like PCOMM, BlueZone, Vista, etc are all capable to support
color-blind persons by way of customizing fonts (type and size) and color.

You really need a person with 'normal' eyesight to help with the changing of
on-screen color.

I'm not sure about Web browsers since they're not easily customizable due to
dynamic nature of content.

For protanope- and deuteranope-afflicted, tests must be done to see how
they perceive colors like RED and GREEN on different media like paper, screen,
paint, etc. Adjustments can then be done.

There are software available for users to switch a color filter on and off
choosing from a set of possible color transformations that will displace the
colors in order to disambiguate them.

HTH!

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht