Mike:

Well, now I have waited the required hours and have managed to reconfigure the
entire shark for z/OS use. Thanks for your timely suggestion that I needed to
undefine the disk groups from the Open System. That was the magic step.

Thanks again.

Mike Myers
Pitt County Memorial Hospital
Greenville, NC

>>> "Mike Schwab" <mike.a.sch...@gmail.com> 6/16/2011 3:31 PM >>>
It takes HOURS for the individual DDMs to be erased.  Have you waited
the required HOURS?

Once the DDMs are erased, they should become visible through the S/390
screen, not until then. I did a session where I took very terse notes
on every click and key stroke.  Oh, and wait for the boxes to go away
and make sure your displays get refreshed before proceeding with the
next step.

3. LCU (LOGICAL CONTROL UNITS)
   THIS IS THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ADD A 8-PACK TO AN
   EXISTING LOGICAL CONTROL UNIT OR CREATE A NEW LCU
   REVIEW LIST
   CLICK ON LINE UNDER SSID WITH BLANKS TO ADD LCU *OR*
     CLICK ON LINE WITH PAV DISABLED TO ADD PAV
   CLICK ON CONFIGURE LCU
     SELECT EMULATION MODE (3390-6)
     TYPE SUBSYSTEM ID (EXAMPLE A200, A300, A400, ...)
     SELECT PAV ENABLED
     SELECT HIGHEST PAV ADDRESS BASED ON NUMBER OF REAL UCBS
       (NUMBER SHOULD BE AT LEAST 1 PAV PER UCB)
   CLICK ON PERFORM CONFIGURATION UPDATE

4. DISK GROUP
   SELECT LINES UNDER STORAGE SUMMARY WITH DISK GROUP AVAILABLE
            AND WITH A SS ID THAT IS NOT BLANKS
   CLICK ON CONFIGURE DISK GROUPS
   SELECT LINES UNDER TRACK FORMAT WITH BLANKS
     SELECT STORAGE TYPE RAID-5
     SELECT TRACK TYPE 3390 (3390 MODE)
     CLICK ON CONFIGURATION UPDATE

5. ADD VOLUMES (CAUTION: CHANGE, DELETE IS VERY HARD)
   (18GB 6/8-PACKS = 12 3390-9 + 2058 = 122,275 CYLINDERS)
   (36GB 6/8-PACKS = 24 3390-9 + 4158 = 244,591 CYLINDERS)
   (72GB 6/8-PACKS = 48 3390-9 + 8352 = 489,217 CYLINDERS)
   (72GB 7/8-PACKS = 56 3390-9 + 9727 = 570,735 CYLINDERS)
   SELECT LINES WITH FREE SPACE HAVING MOVE THAN 0 CYLINDERS AVAILABLE
   CLICK ON ADD VOLUMES
     SELECT LINE RAID-5 3390
     32760 CYLINDERS IS MOD 27 (29.4 * MOD 1)
     10017 CYLINDERS IS MOD 9 (9 * MOD 1)
      3339 CYLINDERS IS MOD 3 (3 * MOD 1)
     PUT IN NUMBER VOLUMES TO ADD
     CLICK ON ADD TO CHANGE LIST
     REPEAT FOR MORE VOLUMES AS NEEDED
     CLICK PERFORM CONFIG UPDATE TO POST NEW VOLUMES
     (TO DELETE THESE CHANGES, DELETE LCU WHICH WILL DELETE ALL
      VOLUMES ON THIS LCU)

6. PAV PARALLEL ACCESS VOLUMES
   SELECT LINES WITH DEVICE COUNTS NOT MATCHING THE
     BASE AND ALIAS COUNT DESIRED FOR LCU
   CLICK ON CONFIGURE PAV
     SELECT VOLUMES MOST CYLINDERS TO LEAST CYLINDERS
     SELECT UNTIL DESIRED PAV COUNT REACHED OR 1 PER BASE REACHED.
     CLICK ON PERFORM CONFIGURATION UPDATE.
     REPEAT IF CHANGES TO PAV COUNT DESIRED.