From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Chicklon, Thomas
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 12:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Escon and Ficon Extensions

Years ago, at an employer far, far away, we used to perform our disaster
recovery tests in Chicago. From the parking lot on those late nights, I
remember watching the string of airplanes overhead lining up to land at
O'Hare. At first, it was just in amazement at how many planes there were
in that seemingly never ending line. Then I wondered, is a recover
center on the landing path to O'Hare really a good idea...

Tom Chicklon

 Ted,

One place I worked was at the edge of Ohare field. I have no idea what
they were thinking outside of the fact that the could get tapes in and
out of the city quickly.

Ed

email to lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and
may be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named
above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or
disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by
informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying,
please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting
this error is appreciated.