On 6/27/2011 7:45 AM, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) wrote:
AFAIK, there's nothing in VTAM that would be affected by a change in
screen geometry. VTIOC is fairly small and TIOC is dead. Yes, TSO has
multiple TCB's, but other than SM I'm not aware of any TSO code that
is affected by screen geometry. It's ISPF that is the problem.

I seem to recall a VTAM error code of 081B or 082B upon a screen size change with local non-SNA terminals (my highly modified NETSOL has specified recovery for those). Also the buffer sizes and pools may impose constraints.

I think you would find a problem whenever the geometry is changed within any running program.

All of the plumbing is in place for a TSO command to recognize and
respond to a change in geometry.

As you pointed out, return codes from TSO macros need to be checked, but unless the user switches to a smaller screen size, an error may not be forthcoming, only garbage on the screen.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT